Director of SUBATECH
Office H206 , IMT Atlantique
E-mail: directionsubatech.in2p3.fr (copy of the message is sent to the secretary)
nom inspire : G.Martinez.Garcia.1
ORCID : 0000-0002-8657-6742
Adresse Postale/Normal Mail:
4, rue Alfred Kastler BP 20722
44307 Nantes Cedex 3, France
Present research activities and responsibilities|
- Director of SUBATECH since September 1st 2018.
- Experimental study of the quark gluon plasma in relativistic heavy ion collisions (see enclosed lay out of the phase diagram of matter). Member of ALICE experiment at the LHC, CERN since 1999 and member of PHENIX experiment at RHIC during the period 1999-2004.
- Leader of the Groupe Plasma of SUBATECH between 2002 and 2010 and between 2013 and 2018. Team leader of
- Teaching at Université de Nantes and IMT Atlantique in the Master RPS since 2002. Presently teaching Experimental Physics of Strong and Weak Interactions. Teaching at the IMT Atlantique between 2000 and 2019, "Electromagnetism" and "Quantum Mechanics and Nanotechnologies" since 2011.
- Member of the Management Board of the ALICE collaboration between 2012 et 2017.
- Project leader of the MFT project of ALICE upgrade program between 2013 et 2018.
Habilitation à Diriger de Recherche|
I got the HDR ("Habilitation" to supervise PhD students) diploma by the Université de Nantes on December 15th 2006 and the HDR report was entitled: Introduction à l'étude expérimentale de la matière hadronique. Le plasma de quarks et de gluons . This report is written in French (chapters 1,2,3 & 4) and in English (chapters 5,6 and 7). It is an introduction to the research activities in this domain and it is dedicated to future and/or 1st-year-Ph.D students in our field. An English version publication which includes most of the topics addressed in the HDR can be found in the lectures of the 2011 Joliot Curie School in arXiv:1304.1452 entitled Advances in Quark Gluon Plasma (2013).
Selected Recent Scientific Publications
(Full list of publications can be found in inspire-hep
- Measurement of the J/psi elliptic flow in heavy ion collisions at the LHC, ALICE Collaboration, Phys. Rev. Lett. 119 (2017) 242301
- Measurement of an excess in the yield of J/psi at very low pT in Pb-Pb collisions at 2.76 TeV, ALICE Collaboration, Phys. Rev. Lett. 116 (2016) 222301 et Phys. Rev .Lett. 111 (2013) 162301
- Heavy-flavour and quarkonium production in the LHC era : from proton- proton to heavy-ion collisions, SaporeGravis Collaboration, Eur. Phys. J. C76 (2016) 107
- Technical Design Report for the Muon Forward Tracker, ALICE Collaboration, CERN-LHCC-2015-001; ALICE-TDR-018 (2015).
- Particle rapidity distribution in proton-nucleus collisions using the proton contributor reference frame, Gines Martinez-Garcia, arXiv :1408.3108 (2014).
- Centrality, rapidity and transverse momentum dependence of J/psi suppression in Pb-Pb collisions at the LHC, ALICE Collaboration, Phys. Lett. B766 (2017) 212 , Phys. Lett. B734 314 (2014) et Phys. Rev. Lett. 109 (2012) 072301
Selected Oral Presentations
- Strange Quark Matter 2017 July 10th-15th 2017, Utrecht, The Netherlands. Invited talk entitled ALICE Detector upgrades.
- Seminar in Physikalisches Institut Heidelberg University , Janvier 10th 2017, Heidelberg, Germany. Oral contribution entitle Quarkonium production in heavy ion collisions at the LHC.
- Quark Matter 2015 , Sep 28th - Oct 3rd 2015, Kobe, Japan. Oral contribution entitled Measurement of an excess in the yield of J/psi at very low pT in Pb-Pb collisions at 2.76 TeV.
- Congrès Général de la Société Francaise de Physique 2015 , August 24-28th 2015, Strasbourg, France. Oral contribution entitled Production de quarkonia dans les collisions d'ions lourds au LHC.
- Invited talk to the LHCC Detector Upgrade Review, March 3rd 2015, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland. Presentation of the Technical Design Report for the ALICE Muon Forward Tracker.
- Invited talk to the 10th International workshop on high pT physics in the RHIC/LHC era , September 9th - 12th 2014, Nantes, France. Oral contribution entitled Particle rapidity distribution in proton-nucleus colisions using the proton-contributor reference frame.
- Seminars in Hiroshima, Japan (2015), Saha, India (2015), Granada, Spain (2015), Liverpool, UK (2014), iThemba, South Africa (2013), Santiago de Compostela, Spain (2012).
- Article in Ouest-Frace journal Ginés Martinez, directeur du laboratoire Subatech Novembre 2018.
- Article in Ouest-France Un appareil photo de particules à la précision inégalable , Septembre 2018,
- Article in Ouest-France journal A Genève, des Nantais traquent les secrets de l'univers , August 2015.
- Seminar "C'est quoi la masse ?", Prison de Fresnes, December 19th 2014, Fresnes, France.
- Seminar Qué es la masa? , ARS CREATIO, Biblioteca Publica, August 3rd 2013, Torrevieja, Espagne.
- Article in El Pais journal Plomo acelerado para estudiar la materia ultracaliente del Big Bang , September 18th 2012.
- Subatech CERN-Masterclasses since 2011, Seminar in High Schools in Nantes area, in Guardamar and Torrevieja, intership for middel school students (stage de troisieme), Fête de la Science, Subatech Open Day, ...
- CortinaDecor Company in Guardamar del Segura, Spain
- Hablares the best professor of Spanish in Nantes area, France
- Virginie Gaiffe the best "sophrologue" in the Nantes area, France